Marco Tempest Uses Augmented Reality & Kinect in an Interactive Performance
Marco Tempset, a virtual magician and techno-illusionist, deftly blends digital media and magic to create masterful illusions that make audiences’ jaws drop. Marco created an interactive performance named ‘Magic and Storytelling’ at TED Global that highlighted the history and importance of storytelling in magic.
The installation used augmented reality and Kinect depth image processing effectively, bringing together effects like hand-tracking, face-tracking, face substitution, particle systems, and elements in 3d space, to weave together an interesting story. The augmented reality was not rendered before hand but generated in real-time based on the Marco’s movements during the live performance.
Marco keeps redefining the boundaries of magic by using cutting-edge technology and new media to produce an atmosphere of wonder.
- Nikola Tesla in Sound and Light by Marco Tempest
- Augmented Reality Interior Designer Kinect Hack
- Konstruct: Augmented Reality 3D Sculptures App
- Turn Billboard Ads into Art with Augmented Reality
- Hennessy Artistry India Augmented Reality Installation