After the release of the jailbreak of the iOS 4.2.1, lots of people have been complaining about the difficulty of it. The current jailbreak of the iOS 4.2.1 only applies to the tethered jailbreak on some of the iPhone devices. Due to this problem, lots of people haven’t updated their iOS which upgrades the baseband resulting in the iPhone being locked to the AT&T network in US.
According to Comex of Spirit and JailbreakMe fame, new jailbreak for the iOS 4.2.1 will be released before Christmas. This jailbreak will be more efficient and will be untethered. The iPhone Dev team has also confirmed that an untethered jailbreak solution for the iOS 4.2.1 is indeed in works and will be available in Christmas.
Tethered Jailbreak: Instructions
Update: Follow Up Article
- Untethered Jailbreak (iOS 4.2.1) Is Here – Redsn0w
- iPhone With iOS 4.2 Baseband Later Than 05.13.04 Can Unlock Their Phone- Redsn0w
- iOS 4.2 Finally here – Wait For The Jailbreak Of Baseband 2.10.4, 05.14.02 Lock
- iPhone 4 Running iOS 4.2 Baseband 2.10.4, 05.14.02 Lock – Unlock Not Available
- iPhone iOS 4.1 Update To Break The Jailbreak